We welcome anyone to join the Social Science Affinity Group, please send an email to Katharina Anton-Erxleben [firstname.lastname@example.org] and Lynlee Tanner Stapleton [email@example.com] and we will add you to the google groups email list so that you can be on our mailing list. Signing up for this affinity group on fellows central will not enroll you in our email list.
- Create a network of social scientists and people using social science and exchange resources, knowledge and ideas.
- Offer resources and professional development for both social scientists and fellows interested in social science by inviting speakers and offering seminars.
- Increase profile and advocate for the social sciences.
- Invite former fellows to draw on their expertise and network with them
- Invite speakers from the social sciences for talks/informal discussions
- Present our own social-science-for-policy projects within the group for feedback?
- Methods sharing seminar – 3 to 4 fellows talk about the methods they know how to use – share ideas/strategies/techniques.
- Write social science related contributions on SciOnTheFly (this could also relate to outreach activities)
- Online information sharing about resources and ideas
Outreach to fellows/AAAS:
- Informal meetups with members who want to talk about being a social scientist in the AAAS Fellowship (over drinks?)
- Engage with AAAS to provide resources for outreach, support the engagement of social scientists.
Outreach (to everyone) & advocacy:
- Help give a voice to social sciences
- Bring social and natural sciences together
Happy hour monthly - TBD
Contact: Lynlee Tanner Stapleton, firstname.lastname@example.org